It’s that time of the year again! 🙂 The Mid- Autumn Mooncake Festival wherein we get to taste this delicious delicacies with their sweet fillings like red bean, ube and the likes. 🙂 For those not familiar with Moon cakes here’s a quick briefer on some flavors which to try and other extreme flavors! 🙂 Check this out.
Now that you’ve watched the video, which Mooncake flavor caters to your fancy? and which would you not eat no matter what? Good thing MXT offers us a wide variety of Mooncakes which are carefully prepared to guarantee the fresh and sumptuous taste of this sweet delicacy. So what’s so special about this season that we see the abundance of Mooncakes once again in our favorite hangout places? It’s because they are celebrating a very special occasion called the Mid- Autumn Festival.
The Mid-Autumn (Mooncake) Festival is considered one of the most important festivals of the year in the Chinese culture, and dates back over 3,500 years.
The festival historically celebrates Gathering (reunion of family and friends; or harvesting of crops for the festival), Thanksgiving (to give thanks for the harvest or harmonious unions), and Praying (asking for conceptual or material satisfaction).
Mooncake is one of the festival’s hallmark traditions, with the cake’s round shape symbolizing completeness and unity. It is also believed to bring luck and prosperity.
Traditionally, mooncakes are part of the “Dice” game where family and friends gather during this festive season and try their luck with the roll of the dice. Even though prizes won during the Mooncake Dice game have evolved through the years, winning mooncakes and spending time with loved ones are still considered highlights of the game.
This year, the Mid-Autumn Festival will be celebrated on September 27, 2015. In preparation for this auspicious festival, MXT is offering a range of special mooncakes both large and small.
MXT mooncakes are made fresh to order — with no preservatives and using only the finest imported ingredients. MXT mooncakes are available in a variety of flavors and sizes. Each one is inspected for quality and consistency. You can rest assured that MXT mooncakes are not only fresh, but also taste great!
For this year, MXT is launching a special promotion on mooncakes:
- Classic Gift Set (Box of 4 Large Mooncakes) for only P490*
- Flavors: Monggo Plain, Monggo w/ 1 Egg, Lotus Plain, Lotus w/ 1 Egg
- * No other discounts apply
- Buy 6 Gift Sets get 1 Free*
- Deluxe Gift Set (Box of any 4 Large Mooncakes)
- Petite Gift Set (Box of any 8 Mini Mooncakes)
- *Not applicable to Classic Gift Set or other discounts
- For orders call: (632) 655 5146 / (632) 656 0566 to 69
MXT Mooncakes can also be purchased at the following branches:
- MXT Main Commissary, Corby 1 Bldg 68 E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave., Libis, QC
- MXT SM Sta. Mesa
- Meisum Tea House Restaurant, Ongpin St.
- Maysum Seafood Restaurant, M.H. Del Pilar corner U.N Avenue, Manila
- MXT North Edsa
- MXT Victory Liner Terminal, Baguio City