Two weeks ago I was invited to be one of the Media Partners of The Food Magazine in promoting their event and also get to have a taste of the sumptuous dishes that 5 award winning chefs would concoct! 🙂 I just got done with my yoga session earlier that morning which got my pulse racing since I could feel the energy reverberating through my whole body after doing all those body bending moves which got me tossed up like a pretzel 🙂
After taking a shower and purchasing a drink from their lovely quaint bar nestled beside the studio I felt so refreshed and energized as well. Around lunch time I drove to Eastwood to cover my next event which is the Food Tastings event of The Food Magazine.
Food Tastings is a series of free cooking classes hosted by ABS-CBN Publishing Inc.’s Food Magazine and the Lifestyle Network at Eastwood Mall Atrium, Quezon City.
If you’re a food lover who loves to discover new treats and various cuisines to satisfy your food cravings just like me or just discovering your knack of cooking, Free Tastings is an educational experience for food enthusiasts of all levels. These classes will be held throughout the year as a celebration of Food Magazine’s 20th anniversary. So don’t fret if you haven’t gone to their past events because they will have another event up around the corner soon! 🙂 Stay tuned for that at their Facebook Page! 🙂
The third leg of the Food Tastings series featured healthy recipes and healthy eating tips by prominent local chefs from various well known institutions.
Last September 13,2015 I got the opportunity to learn the tricks of the trade as presented by the following chefs:
Anthony Macaraeg of Fit Burger Inc.,
Deejay Santos from Tefal Kitchen Appliances,
Matthew Bates from Early Bird Breakfast Club,
Nancy Dizon-Edralin from ICE Culinary Sapporo, and
Robby Coco from Green Pastures.
However, due to time constraints and since I had to catch mass with the family in a couple of hours I had to leave the event after a few hours 😦 So I will just document the ones that I was able to taste and witness. I hope in their next leg I would be able to stay the whole time 🙂
Fun Fact: The Breakfast Burger by Fitness Burger contains only 520 calories, 30g of protein, 35g of carbohydrates, 30g of fats, 380mg of sodium, and 4g of fiber. For more on Fit Burger and their line of unique burgers, visit their FB Page here or grab at bite at their Eastwood outlet.
Next on our line up was Chef Deejay Santos of Tefal who demonstrated a Mediterranean-inspired dish with his Mediterranean Chicken and Couscous, a light yet filling dish which definitely exudes the Mediterranean taste in it. It was quite bland for me however maybe other foodie lovers would love this dish since it’s very healthy and easy to prepare as well, it’s the perfect addition to your home’s culinary recipes.
This dish took just around 20 minutes more or less to prepare. Easy as 1,2, 3 right? Plus it was quite filling too 🙂 Check out their other product offerings here.
Since I had to rush to church I just sampled 2 dishes by our amazing chefs 😦 Maybe next time I can stay for the whole program 🙂 Anyway, for all of you guys who are curious as to how these 2 dishes were made here’s the list of ingredients you can adopt and add to your culinary fare. Happy eating! 🙂
by Anthony Macaraeg
150 grams beef patty composed of 95-5 (fats) grass-fed lean ground beef
Whole wheat pita bread
Cheswick cheddar cheese
Fitburger sauce (composed of fresh mayo, egg yolks, extra virgin olive oil)
- Toast the wheat pita bread in the panini press.
- Grill or pan-fry the patty for 3 minutes on each side, add salt, pepper and mustard mix.
- Top with cheddar cheese when it’s almost done.
- Slice the pita vertically.
- Spread sauce on each side of the pita bread.
- Add fresh romaine and the patty with cheese.
- Add fresh salad tomatoes and white onion, salt and pepper before serving.
- Grill pita bread in panini press.
- Pan-grill the beef patty.
- Cook egg omelette with red and green bell peppers.
- Cook double-smoked bacon
- Assemble bread with sauce, top patty with eggs and bacon.
- Preheat a Tefal Red Wok with water to boil. Place couscous in a bowl or container. Add boiling water then cover. Set aside. Season chicken with ground oregano, salt and pepper.
- On the same Tefal Red Wok, add olive oil and saute chicken followed by the zucchini, cook until chicken is well done. Turn off heat then add garbanzos, black olives and diced tomatoes.
- Combine ingredients for the dressing. Drizzle same on the couscous mixture. Transfer on a plate, garnish with hard-boiled egg wedges and chopped cilantro before serving.