Blogapalooza is the biggest event of the year for brands and bloggers alike as this will be their avenue to cascade their services to each other. Brands would be given a platform to tell us about what their product is all about and in turn we would get acquainted with their products after having tried it out and cascade our own experience with their products to our readers as well so that in a way they might be encouraged to try it out as well.
Social Media and Blogging has really changed the Marketing landscape especially in this day and age. That’s why blogging has really made waves in today’s dynamic and ever changing world.
Moving on, since I just started blogging last year I found it to be really engaging and I was fortunate to be invited to some great events which I am very thankful for to the brands and to the PR people alike. However time really is of the essence since I also have to balance it out with my Full time job in the Corporate World, Finishing off my MBA and balancing it out with my part time business. 😦 So I couldn’t go to all even though I would love to. 😦
Last year was my first time joining this event, check out my review here. P and I were really excited for this year’s Blogapalooza 2015 since last year’s event was a blast!! 🙂 However, sad to say this year’s event didn’t really meet my expectations as compared to last year. 😦
Anyway, let’s get the ball rolling and let me share with you how it all boiled down this year.
We arrived a little after lunch at the venue in One Esplanade SM Central Business Park, Pasay City, there wasn’t really an organized way or numbering of booths so after signing up basically we were left to our own devices which was okay since we can venture off to the booths which will cater to our interest however, I hoped that there would be a system for the booths like for all “Fashion Related Booths” they can be placed on one side not scattered all over the place.
P being a techie kind of guy decided to scour the place for tech booths however he was quite disappointed since there was a lack of those booths as compared to last year.
Most of the booths that I also went to just made me sign up or drop my card into their fishbowl and gave me flyers and some of their marketing collaterals without an in depth explanation of their product. 😦 (
Just my two cents, How are you going to make a decent review of a product or booth if they just give out flyers to you?) Maybe they could have given out product samples for us to try and review or made us play some games and offer us prizes in return. At the end of the day it all boils down to Marketing. How to make your product enticing? How to gather significant traction? and How to increase profitability. You would not achieve it without ample gimicks or enticing Marketing campaigns.
There were also booths which we liked like:
1.CardBoard Box – This one was very creative as we were transported to another world. Who would expect that such a simple cardboard can scare you to death and can even take you on a roller coaster ride. 🙂
2.Chips Delight– Aside from the bag of tasty cookies that we got to take home their booth was very catchy with it’s enticing and animated colors 🙂
3. Sosro Fruit Tea– Aside from quenching my thirst with it’s sweet and tangy flavors it was also entertaining as well since they provided caricature artists on the side who creatively made cartoonish drawings of our faces.
Some other booths which took my interest were:
4. Outbreak Manila– Wherein Zombies roamed freely in their booth 🙂
5. Food Panda– Wherein if you took a selfie with their Panda with the hashtag #Pandalooza you might get a chance to take home an Ipad Mini! 🙂 Kudos to the lucky winner! 🙂
Other photo worthy booths were also present like
6. Cebu Pacific– With it’s beautiful Cherry Blossoms! 🙂 One lucky winner took home an all expense paid round trip ticket to Japan! 🙂
Basically that’s it for our Blogapalooza 2015. Here are some suggestions to make it better maybe next year !:)
- Wifi should be strong and available– I was using my own data plan the whole time and signal was quite scarce :(.
- Venue should be more spacious– To accommodate more booths and bloggers alike.
- Tables and Chairs can be provided– Some people were sitting on the floor and we had no choice but to eat outside in the fly infested table beside the door.
- More Interactive and Engaging Booths– Not only doling out flyers and making us sign up.
Overall, everything was okay. Hoping for an even better Blogapalooza 2016! 🙂